Central Locking not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishZetec

Hi Guys,

Central locking hasn't worked since I bought the car, tried to reprogramme it using the guide off here to no effect. Its the 3 button key.

Is is possible the battery is low ? I split the key and can't see any batteries I can change myself so is it a sealed battery unit.

Can I just get a second hand key off Ebay and reprogramme it ? Seems to be alot on there.

Also if I bought 2 remote keys could I programme both and use the 2, or can only 1 be programmed at a time.

Thanks

Have you tried opening it?. Push something blunt into the rear of the fob where there's a small recess and pull away the key part. Then there's a little latch on one side so pop that open and you'll see a battery. If not then you need a 2032 watch battery :eek:k:

yippeekiay said:
Have you tried opening it?. Push something blunt into the rear of the fob where there's a small recess and pull away the key part. Then there's a little latch on one side so pop that open and you'll see a battery. If not then you need a 2032 watch battery :eek:k:

Ah cheers :) I opened it and thought it was a sealed unit, i.e I couldn't replace the battery.

Never noticed the latch so will give it a go in min and try change it. :)

Thanks again.

ETA: Do I actually split the key in 2 after i remove the blade part and the battery is in there ?

Latest posts

Back