Central locking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1961ed1961

Got a problem with the remote and door locking, all was working fine both remote locking and door locking, locked the car went back to it after work and now it won't unlock . Tried the battery in the key fob (new battery) tried the key in the door, nothing. As anybody come across this, my only thought is to call the AA out

No , the locks are fine (as far as I can tell ) the key turns the lock ? But nothing no noise from the door relay , I drove the car twenty five miles no problem that's my commute . I can figure out why the door won't unlock by using the key in the door. I don't want to resort to breaking a window to get in. I have had the car since January and apart from the clutch and p/ steering pump it's been really good. If I can get in I am sure it's an easy fix

Flat vehicle battery?

Tried the boot release? (Possible work around - partially separate circuit) I'm no expert on Puma electrics. It does sound like a dead battery or blown fuse.

Had recovery guy come out to look at the problem , he is saying the key is worn, and key fob is faulty, you can lock the car but it won't unlock, a new fob is needed, it as served me well up until this everything works a/c is cold so if anybody is interested make me an offer I am not after a fortune. Mot until October, tax until January

It won't unlock on the key as its double locked and needs doing with the fob.

You'll never unlock one which is locked on the fob using even a good key.

Should be able to gain access via the boot, climb in to the driver's seat and cycle the ignition a few times, this will beep and bring on your the light on the fog switch by the clock, then press any button on the fob to program it. Indicator tell tale on the clocks will light up. Ignition off and you should have buttons on the fob back.

If the fob doesn't program it may need replacing but they normally fail a few buttons at a time not all at once.

If you can't get in the boot then the next thing to check is the vehicle battery voltage which needs the bonnet open, which needs another trick which I don't normally make public :lol:

You're welcome to give me a call about that one.

Nothing on the remote works key won't unlock anything, the only way in was through the window via a wire to flick the door handle, once opened alarm triggers and hazards continue to flash . Can't bring the car home from work because alarm keeps going off along with hazards flashing. I can't work it out everything was fine until then , car started once recovery guy gained access , it drove fine going to work so no problem electrics wise. I have been travelling 50 miles a day and it is a good car . I will have to let it go I don't want to spend any money on it , apart from this problem the car as been good

Yea got in via recovery guy. But didn't think about re programming the fob , it locks with the key but won't unlock,

After disconnecting the battery and connecting back up you can lock and unlock via key in the lock , no idea why it played up in the first place .

Latest posts

Back