CherryV's Thunder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, bless ya.

I only put it that side as it's the side the positive cable comes through and didn't want to make it longer than necessary but put it right at the back so if I end up stripping the insides, I won't be left with it sitting in the middle of the car!

The whole bodywork is the earth, so potentially, you could earth the battery to anywhere!

Let's remember the black cable in a car is always ground or negative. Neutral is a live conductor electrical installations and the earth is the earth (of which you get slightly different types) :wink:

I'm just being irritatingly pedantic..

:p

Good work though :)

moondustka said:
Let's remember the black cable in a car is always ground or negative
Is that why vehicles are classed a positive or negative earthed!? :p

But, not splitting hairs....

Got the battery box bolted down in the boot.

Now with the extra space under the bonnet I could make room for the air filter. I cut down the side of the old air box bottom and bolted in a bracket I found in my tool box to hold the MAF:

View media item 4455

At the moment, I'm not going to enclose it. Will be getting some induction pipe work and making a cold feed for it.

Not much been happening lately because pay day is taking far too long to arrive!

Found the wind deflectors I had on my old Puma so decided to chuck them on. Not convinced they are going to stay in place when I decide to open the windows. If not, I'll either leave them off or buy a new set so I can have the clips too.

View media item 4477
After running on the coilovers for a few weeks, I'm happy with the way they perform. For some weird reason I've not worked out yet, the passenger side wheel now rubs the arch liner and that's the standard wheel!
The let down is the wheels and tyres.
At the moment she seems to be all over the place. Driving at speed can be a bit scary. She tracks/follows every single rut in the roads. At times, I almost have to force the steering wheel over to keep her in line. Probably don't help having 16" wheels on the back and 15" on the front. Not ideal, but what I had to do at the time due to having a buckled wheel.

My MOT is due very soon :( so I have a small to do list:
Change front wheels to same as back
Replace front top mounts and bearings *
Replace passenger side inner CV boot

Couple of other bits I hope to do:
Replace DRL lights
Construct and fit front fog lights

* can anyone confirm if the top mounts actually fit FORD FIESTA, KA, PUMA and COURIER MODELS FROM 1995-2002 as I've read conflicting information?

After changing the thermostat housing, I've developed a possible cooling issue. Radiator fan runs at full chat even after constant, regular speed. Will be looking at that in the next few days.

Car booked in at Tremona later in the week. The dreaded MOT!

CherryVimto said:
Got big plans for it in the next few months....
Picked up a little something today! :lol:

yippeekiay said:
Ahh, if your going to Tremona ask them about fan/cooling etc if it's not sorted by then as from what I hear they are very good at what they do.
I had thought about picking their brains about it, if I've not worked it out by then.

The DRL LED strips I had in the headlights had been gradually dying in places.

Found some really thin strips with side lit LEDs. Will see how long these last....

View media item 4492
View media item 4493

Ouch !
Should have replaced the CV boot yourself and saved a few quid :)
At least its all over for another year......

trueblue said:
Ouch !
Should have replaced the CV boot yourself and saved a few quid :)
At least its all over for another year......
I was going to change it myself, but ran out of time.

This 'EBay special' seems to be turning out exactly that, an EBay special!

Richard at Tremona checked over the car before he took it for MOT and found some areas of concern with regards to the ingress of rust. These were in places I couldn't have seen by looking under the car while it was on the ground.
He was kind enough to lift the car up and go over the underside with me, which I'm surprised how quick this orange metal munching can take hold.

Although I had an MOT pass, one advisory was for..... yes, you guessed it. Rust!
Due to it being in the places Richard pointed out, I'm not going to be repairing it ready for next MOT.

So, this will probably be the last update for this Puma.
I'm going to be running it as is for the next few months, then stripping it down for parts with the shell being scrapped.

In the mean time I'm looking to get another, bigger daily driver so I can take the Puma off the road ready for stripping. All the upgraded stuff like poly'd suspension, coilovers, strut braces etc. will be kept.

I will be getting another Puma again and have already made enquiries in to the possibility of getting a rolling shell, or damaged/repairable one. The issue I will face is transportation & costs.

Latest posts

Back