Chris's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow looks fantastic!!

I think it's about time I did this with mine, trouble is I really can't do without a car for even a day usually...

Looking really good Chris - you've got a new car!

Looks fantastic Chris.... :D

Bet ur well chuffed!!! :)

Blacks a looooong way of lookin anywhere near as good as that... :(

Right, in the last week or two or so Ive noticed the acceleration wasnt as smooth as it once had been, the odd flat sport where the car seemed to be holding back (very slight but enough to make me notice)

So....out went the induction kit, and I replaced it with the trusty K&N panel filter, praised by everyone who Ive ever asked.

Old panel filter (just to compare)

Mmmm clean!!

DSCF1467.jpg

DSCF1468.jpg

New K&N

Mmmm clean :D

DSCF1466.jpg

DSCF1469.jpg

DSCF1470.jpg

So my engine bay now looks like this...

DSCF1476.jpg

ie....standard apart from the sticker.

The car now revs a lot smoother, no flat spots.

When i went from standard to induction kit, I didn't notice any difference, good or bad. Maybe its with the weather having been warmer in the last week or two that ive noticed a difference, or the noise of the induction kit distracts you from the performance, but either way, happy with results from the K&N panel.

MOT passed today, just 1 advisory which was one disc is slightly pitted. Surprised they didnt mention the suspension as it knocks when going over big bumps.

Hmm Chris, that knocking is weird, because I'm pretty sure your problem is similar to mine, and mine failed the MOT on it and needed the drop links replacing on the offside.

Very weird... no two MOT testing stations ever seem to be the same.

Zenithus said:
Hmm Chris, that knocking is weird, because I'm pretty sure your problem is similar to mine, and mine failed the MOT on it and needed the drop links replacing on the offside.

Very weird... no two MOT testing stations ever seem to be the same.

yeh, like I said, thought they'd put an advisory on it anyway. Only noticeable on bad speed bumps though, not during normal driving like it seems to be on some peoples cars ive spoken to.

Right I am conducting a mini, non scientific, experiment as I'm bored.

The Pipercross cone induction kit is back on, replacing the K&N panel. I want to see how it performs in warmer weather. When fitting the K&N panel it seemed to pick up a bit better than with the induction kit, so it'll be interesting to see how it feels today in fairly warm weather with the kit.

I shall report back.

Right, after a short drive I would say it's basically the same, with the K&N panel possibly slightly better than the induction kit. However hardly noticeable I'd say. Maybe more so on a red hot summer's day when the protected panel won't take in so much hot air as the exposed induction kit.
It does sound good though!

I am considering this K&N panel now I have seen you comments! It sounds good and will cost a lot less than a full induction system. I had one on my last car and it sounded great but I couldnt help noticing that it was killing my car slowly and suddenly it stopped performing half as well as it did.

Plus this panel looks standard

TyeBoi said:
I am considering this K&N panel now I have seen you comments! It sounds good and will cost a lot less than a full induction system. I had one on my last car and it sounded great but I couldnt help noticing that it was killing my car slowly and suddenly it stopped performing half as well as it did.

Plus this panel looks standard

Yeh the K&N panel is a replacment standard part so you don't need to tell insurance, and it is a bit smoother through the revs. I've fitted this now and it's staying in, just needed to hear the induction kit again ha. Plus there's less temptation to boot it around to hear the roar, therefore guzzling fuel!

Latest posts

Back