Chugging

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekz

Cars been chugging a bit on ignition last week or so, also, steering seems to be getting slightly heavier (although I might be imagining this).

Could it be just the colder weather?

Anything I should look out for?

Cheers,
tekz

I'm no mechanic, but I had this issue shortly before my coil pack gave up the ghost. The imaginary heavy steering may have been completely unrelated, but a new coil pack and HT leads made everything good again, or at least I haven't imagined the steering being heavier since. Maybe reseat/clean your HT leads?

I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're talking about will point you in a better direction shortly. :eek:k:

Sounds like a plan regardless rob!
I've been planning to change my leads for a while now, might as well do the coilpack to.
Will get these done and see if there's any changes, clean out of mullah at the mo so will have to wait a few weeks though!

I was thinking that it could possibly be due to my Aux belt being rather worn, is that a possibility do you think?
I have a replacement belt ready, but need to get the guard screws removed as they are cooked in and I couldn't get enough leverage to do it with the guard on.

From the diagram here found at this link:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=108677#p108677

album_picm.php

The power steering pump is driven by the aux belt, so if your belt is looking a little sad, that may well have something to do with your heavy steering.

It seems the belt could have something to do with it, I need to get that done too. :)

I put my car into diagnostic mode last night and one of the measurements that looked like the battery was at 13.5, pretty sure this should be 12.5?
Any thoughts?

If the car was running I think 13.5 is normal. I think when I tested mine the alternator was pushing out 14v. When the engine was off it was 12.5 or something... Can't remember exactly what the figures were...

Back