Clutch gone?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby4Puma

Hello guys i need a little help please...yesterday in traffic i thought i engaged the 3 gear not the first...it had no power....i tried to change gears but its working very rough....i have to force the stick when im changimg gears...reverse its very bad....and when i try to accelerate hard its slipping too....my question would be this....when the clutch is gone, will affect the gear change as well? Both symptoms happened at the same time...i have a 98 puma for spares and im trying to get the clutch from the 98 and put it in my 2000 puma...both are 1.7 ... Any ideas? Suggestions? Would be much appreciated ...

The clutch is slipping as well, not only that its hard to shift...and i know usually when the level its low u hear a grinding noise kinda like the wheel bearing when its gone....tnx for the reply

With all the work required to change a Puma clutch, it's false economy to replace with a second-hand one. Fit a new clutch and slave cylinder, and hope you haven't damaged the gearbox, by forcing it into gear.

Back