Colour of dash panels?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dcandy

I've had a quick search and can't find this answer quickly (it;s late and I'm knackered too!) so what colour is the best match to spray the dash panels to match the Ford Stereo?
I'm sure someone mentioned Moondust Silver or am I going mad?

Cheers...

Hello Candy.
There isn`t a straightforward answer here..
Firstly, over the production run. Ford had the brainstorm of changing the shade of silver of the dash panels/stereo.
I have broken a few Pumas over the last year and spotted this while I had these parts on stock from different cars.
Also, none of them are Moondust (of which there are very slightly different shades!)

If you were looking for an exact match, I would either, shop around for replacement panels, taking your panel to match to with you.
Or visit a `proper` autromotive paint supplier. They can make up aerosols to match any example colour . (your bits) similar to what certain D.I.Y. shops offer to do for your living room.
I know of a place on Winwick Road, Warrington.

As for your mental health,
I bet its worse for asking this question.. :p

And that will serve me right for asking won't it ;)

I'll see what I can sort out - my dash has been bodged at some time and broken so was going to do a revamp!

Well perhaps...but I'm modding a few bits so I'll still need a rough match :(

A rover silver from a deep dark distant memory... :pinkeye:

Back