Disaster! Puma is in for some bodywork repairs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairlight

Driving to work the other day a wagon coming in the opposite direction threw a rock the size of my fist up from its wheels.
Luckily it hit the car square in the centre of the bumper just to the offside of the number plate. Could of been a whole lot worse if it took out the rad pack or even worse the screen :cry: It buggered the bumper and broke some of the O/S headlamp clips.
I managed to get a pair of excellent head lamps from the same car off ebay for £40 (got a pair so they matched) and a bumper for £35 that I have to collect from Watford on Thursday.

Shes going in to my mates workshop in Bedford on the way home from Watford. While the car is in im having the O/S/R wheel arch done and a bit of paint all round below the shoulder line and both bumpers.
That should keep the old girl looking smart for a few more years!
Its a shame the bumper got damaged as she was going in for paint anyway as my misses is not driving for a few weeks due to having a C section.

If I didnt have bad luck, I wouldnt have any luck at all :evil:

Good job the rock was aimed low, I always tried to do that when I was trucking :grin:

Am I right in thinking congrats are in order as well?

Yup. Now a dad. Thanks for your best wishes chaps :grin:

Lucy Rose born on 13/4/14 8lb 15oz :eek:

Fetched mum and little one back from hospital in the Puma, it was a bit of a squeeze with all her presents and mums hospital gear!
I've got an octavia estate but I used the chance to get the Puma on a Hunters rig just up from the hospital. Saved me £7.80 car parking charges while I left it with them :grin:

Thanks.

Gutted about the car, except for a tiny bit of bubbling on the rear arch she's almost perfect.
Still, it's kicked me up the bum to get it sorted and it could of been much worse...

8lb,15oz, sounds like its a good job you have an estate :grin: but no matter the size she will use up all the space you have anyway, enjoy :grin:

Your not wrong there! We've got a 46kg rottie too. The dad wagon was chosen to fit em all in.
Couldn't have a normal one though its a 4x4 1.8 tsi (160 HP at the mo) spoilt by the sharpness of the ford so could not have an oil burning wheezer :)

We did choose a baby seat and base that worked with the puma, and the buggy was chosen specifically to fit the boot of the Ford. Mrs loves the puma so no worries of getting rid for something tragic :)

Congratulations :grin:
What you need now is a little dad fun, how's about increasing the car family to include a nice little 7? :)
Barry

Latest posts

Back