Door Hanging Pins

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtfulHussy

I bent mine when I removed the doors. I intend looking into whether or not I can replace them with a suitable bolt/washer/nut set up.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a particular reason that the bottom pin on the car goes in from the top? I figure it would have been easier to remove had I been able to access it with a punch/hammer from above, rather than dicking around with it from underneath for ages.

^^this is the reason I was thinking when I read this the other day. If it's in from the top you can be sure it won't just fall out over time.

Yip!

I have just nipped out to the car to check and can confirm the bottom pin goes in from the top and vice versa for the top pin. Also, they have little spring clips to secure them so I can't imagine why they would ever fall out, unless the spring rotted away (which it doesn't appear to).

In any case, my bolts, if they work, shall both be going in from the bottom! I shall report back if my doors ever fall off. :lol:

I am wondering if they were designed to be inserted like that to ease the assembly process in the factory. It would be easy to insert both pins at the same time with some kind of ram that pushes against both pins at the same time. Purely a guess on my part though :)

Getting pins out is easy, I just wind down window (so easier to handle door) couple of jacks and lump of wood to support and take weight of door, which reduces load on pins, drift and hammer to start then slide 10mm spanner under head of pin, block of wood between floor and centre of spanner, to act as pivot and gently tap spanner down to prise pin out

I'll keep it in mind when it comes time to get the doors off Booger, but the pins off Reggie are fubar. I've just picked up bolts etc so will revert back in the not too distant future about whether or not it works..

Hi Emma
I wouldn't use bolts if I were you as they might wear out the hinges and make it so that normal hinge pins will be slack if fitted later. Have you tried Ian G to see if he can supply you some proper hinge pins?
Barry

Ffs why didn't I think to search for fiesta piiiiins? Idiot. I was looking for the original finis number but wasn't getting any hits and Ford weren't being much help either. These look like they will do the trick. Thanks!

I did try Ian, I don't think he had any good ones.

Latest posts

Back