Easter Bank Holiday Camping 2011 22nd to the 25th April

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty1.7

OK All, I have been doing a little work into this and i was going to push ahead with it this year- but based on the ammount of notice I've decided to shelve the idea of this year and instead aim for next year. I'll add it (or shopuld i say i will ask one of the moderator team) into the April 2011 thread

Dates roughly for next years Easter Bank Holiday should be the 22nd of April to the 25th of April so those are the dates am proposing we go on.

The Location- http://www.bolmynydd.co.uk/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5 star camp site, hot showers, Separate toilet’s, looks really nice and the owner seems a really nice bloke from the e-mails I have had from him.

Weather- I know most will be concerned about this, the site owner has informed me that the past 3 years has been very reasonable weather wise, with very little rain. But should still be fun either way though

Cost- I'll be looking for the same sort of deal as last year which he said was about £28 each for the 3 nights, 4 days

Not sure on the need for a deposit yet- he did say it would be fine for this year to just pitch up and pay there, I will ask if he wants one though.

Location- North Wales, Near to Abersoch on the Lynn Peninsula- Camp site is ment to be sheltered by Lanbedrog hill from westerly wind's- also very close to a sheltered bay for those brave enough (or in my current case Fat enough) to go swimming in the sea.

Things to do in the area- Go Karting, Night out in town, Go to the Beach, Lots of relaxing, Meal out(Few nice restaurants there), good driving roads

Proximity to places
Beach- 10 Minute walk
Pub- 5-15 Minute stagger
Shop- 10-15 Minute walk/ drive to bigger supermarkets.

Proposed details-
Day 1
Meet at a little chef at the end of the M56 Just before the Welsh border
Drive down the A55 Along the coast to the site- set up camp- BBQ for Tea, drink beer- Pub Visit?

Day 2- Go Karting? Chill on the beach?
Meal out some were and then night out in abersoch with the rich folk?

Day 3- More relaxing- Horse riding for those who want to? Visit some places (There’s some roads that were used for a James Bond Film about 20 minutes away?)
Beach party/ BBQ / Pub Meal out?

Day 4- Late ish start- Big bbq style breakfast
Maybe a visit to the Sea life centre/ Canrfon(sp) Castle
Dinner some were pub lunch
All go our separate ways and return to our dwellings?

Equipment needed- Tent- you can share if you want
Sleeping bag
Torch / Lantern
BBQ's- we can get the throw away ones
Paper plates and plastic forks and plastic cups etc
Change of clothes
Swimming stuff (?)

And Beer/ bits of food- Cool boxes could be useful to

I am also arranging for a electric hook up and will be acquiring a plug adaptor for phones to be charged / small mini hi-fi to be used if needs be

We should take some wind breakers as well just in case and maybe a Gazebo or 2?

And some camping chairs as well.

List of people Intrested
1. Scott
2. Vix- Maybe
3. Paul(Yip)
4. Ross
5. Tim (Dookie)
6. Mart

They also allow dogs as well.

If you interested put your names on the list- Please put if you are a Maybe

I'd estimate that you should look at around £100-200 pounds in total to cover everything with change left over there.

That’s working on the following numbers as a rough guide

£28 for camping
£60-80 for fuel around 2 tanks ish
£30 Meal out with drinks
£30 quid night at the pub
£40 quids worth of food (bbq stuff inc)
£25 of beer
£10-15 for Go Karting ish
£10-15 if we go to the swimming park/ play squash etc.
£5 I think to get into Sea life place/ castle
£20 for the pub lunch (route home) with drinks

(All prices are guide prices for 2010- inflation etc may change this)

What does everyone else think? I know that’s over the amount at the top but we don't have to do everything on there and people will want to do the own thing

EDIT: New Dates to match up with BH 20111

Yeah well- anticipation makes the heart grow fonder- urm wrong line and wrong film, opps

Good things come to those who wait- no thats even worse

Urm- I don't want to turn into John Candy Great Outdoors Movie

'Well there was this Bear.........'

'Dad, ya mean that Bear?'

'Yes......... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'

Spoke to Rhodri, the site owner- He said everything is fine about this date and if anyone needs to leave it to last minute to decide then that should be ok as well.

As and when i get any more infomation of stuff ill drop it in here

I now its just over a years worth of notice but is any one intrested/ think they would be intrested for this?

are you planning on doing any 'driving routes' or just to visit places Scotty?

Bit of both Z- Plenty of good driving routes to take us to the places to see

If we all want to as well there is area were some driving secens from one fo the Bond Movies was shot- Great roads up there, all hairpins and blind crests with vertical drops at the side.

I'm hoping to go and do some reccys later this/ early next year to plan the best route there driving wise- I have a idea from last time i went but i want to make sure its still as good as i remember, there will be some Motorway though to get there.

Guys- Just a update as well for you, I should of put this in my last post, We would need to look at getting £10 each as deposit by the end of January. Its not a hard and fast rule but it would be preferably so we can be 100% sure of the booking with Rhodri. He has requested this if we have a large number of people there so he can look to make sure there is a area set aside (Maybe do a little show'n'shine compotition??)

nee probs mate, North Wales has some fantatsic Driving roads

Exactly- and the Lynn Pinsuala as some very well hidden gems from what i remember.

If you are planning on show and shine you will need to ask permission as if we all suddenly wash our cars the campsite may be a bit damp, not to mention polluted with cleaning products!

I am interested but very tentative this far in advancce! :)

Ross- Its about £28 for the accomodation- Friday to Monday

Then food, fuel etc on top for everyone

Ive done a rough costing in my orginal post as well

yes, I read all that. Good write up.

£300 miles each way. thats 10 gallons of fuel, 45 litres @ say £1.20/lt = £54 each way in fuel.

Is the camping cost per pitch or per person? would he do a deal on an area, if we get above a number of people?

Its per person- normally is £18 a night.

If we get aa bigger group- say the numbers i have above then we might be able to get it for less- but i don't now how much less.

Id be happy personally if we could get it for £25 for the whole weekend- i know its only £3 but its just easier to work round figures

I'm up for this, if you'll have me along? I'll say i'm a maybe for now.. but as long as i get a permenant job by 2011 then it should be fine!
Tim

Dookie said:
I'm up for this, if you'll have me along? I'll say i'm a maybe for now.. but as long as i get a permenant job by 2011 then it should be fine!
Tim

Tim your more then welcome mate- Barring in Mind it is for next easter

yippeekiay said:
I wondered why people were saying it's was a long way in advance until I realised your on about 2011...lol

I don't know what I'm doing this easter weekend never mind next...lol

Currently im in the same boat for this year- and it scares me.

As you can tell from post one i like to make sure everything is planned out and organised.

Hell even my shopping trips are organised to the last pence and minute

Off Topic:- I'm with you on shopping trips worked out to the last pence...lol

I went to Macro on Sunday as I like to make sure I'm getting the most value for my money. I was going for my usual 15 bags of sugar as I went through the last 15 since the end of December (I like a lot in my coffee..lol) and bugger me it was on offer so I bought 30 bags...lol. At 53p a bag I couldn't resist such a saving but my pantry is overflowing with the stuff...lol

View media item 727

Back