Engine mounts to fit front lower strut brace

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few kittens discovering gear oil leak under car. Was thinking the worst after having jacked gearbox up to change the mount. Then thought I'd seen something on this forum about the breather... Pic taken before I fixed it btw

Did you also check that your oil level is now ok if you lost some oil ?

Yep topped up. I lost maybe 500ml quite quickly, perhaps 200 miles?

Received my vibra mount today - think I'm going to be a bit cautious and order the standard part and get the vibra mounted to it so it's done to simply replace it.

Thank you everyone for all the posts, will surely take it all in account when I replace so everything gets done right. :grin:

grogee said:
If you had left that breather the incorrect way around , the oil would have been forced out leaving you with virtually no oil in your gearbox. So it's a good job that has now been corrected. :grin:

DOH said:
grogee said:
If you had left that breather the incorrect way around , the oil would have been forced out leaving you with virtually no oil in your gearbox. So it's a good job that has now been corrected. :grin:

I believe you as it lost quite a lot in a short space of time. But I'm struggling to visualise why that is - the hole at the bottom is still pointing straight downwards in either orientation.

Depending on your point of view it either created a blimming mess or helpfully supplied some corrosion protection to the subframe and wheelarch...

From memory there is a hole in the gearbox where it fits into, that gets blocked off if it's inserted the wrong way around.

Latest posts

Back