Engine pics

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frisco

Im looking for a picture of the oil filter setup on a 1.7 without the filter on it.
Basically a good pic of the front of the engine without the filter on.

Or if anyone knows: When looking at where the filter screws on should there be a valve in the small hole to the left of the thread or is it supposed to be just a hole?

Nobody able to get a pic of where the filter goes without the filter on it.

If there is supposed to be a valve (a ball bearing in a retainer) there and its poped the oil will bypass the filter and seeing as ive just put the engine back together after replacing the shells (more on that later as ford say its impossable) id really like to know if its ok before handing it back to wifey

Mine has a filter on that I don't really want to take off! lol

I'll have a hunt about my pictures.....

... sorry - can't find one.

:(

Yea that might be a problem alright and its not really a part of the engine people generally take pics of!

Has anyone got EPC or something so see of they list a part or show a diagram of it?

I've just looked through something like that and didn't see one. I'll keep looking...

I think that the oil comes out the centre hole, and back through the outer ones...

63f1_1.JPG

Like in 2nd form left:

9fb0_1.JPG

Oil comes in through the centre hole from the engine passes through the filter and out through the outer holes back down into the sump.

On the block to the left of the centre thread where the filter screws on there is a hole.
On vauxhalls (which i am used to) there is a ball bearing valve in this hole which is supposed to pop if the filter gets blocked to allow the oil to bypass it.

On the puma there is just a hole there so im not sure if there is supposed to be a valve in it or not.
The valve is not in the sump if its gone and I would have assumed thats where it would have fallen into

20577072jo4.jpg

This is the part i am talking about although this pic is of a vauxhall V6 engine and i have no idea if the ford setup is the same or not.

Obviously the hole is on the other side of the filter thread in the above pic

Send a PM to Chris at C. B. Autos:

http://www.projectpuma.com/profile.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? ... file&u=151

He was a tech at Ford so has probably looked up a fair few oil filter connections.... He did my last one.

Hope you get it sorted...

I was just down at a ford dealer looking at the epc and i cant see anything listed on the parts or in the diagrams so it looks like it should be just a hole

Back