Exhaust problem-anyone else had this issue?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyca55

Fitted the exhaust up on my 1.7 yesterday. Replaced the back box with a standard cheepo eurocarparts jobbie, racetube and i had to replace the flexi on the cat as the old one was totally shagged, the only problem is how the whole system sits now, it's f*ckin dreadfull. Tailpipe is properly piss and hits the bumper and the rear mounting point for the race tube rests against the body rather than the rubber.
Spent a good 3 hours swearing, kicking, hammering and it still wont sit right.
Anyone eles had this problem and how did you sort it? Am planning on getting a 4 branch soon but i need the cat for the mot.
Anyone?

Ahh right, so unhook the front rubber and let it hang on the flexi? Thinking about it, that might help swing the back box into the right place. It baffled me a bit that it fitted so badly on my 1.7 cos the exact same parts fitted perfectly to my 1.4 lol bloody fords!

Loosen all the clamps and set the exhaust where it needs to be placed I Userly start from the cat end and work backwards

Had a little fiddle today and i think the cheap nasty back box i have is a bit too cheap and nasty as the hangers seem to be in the complete wrong place. That'll teach me for being a tight arse! lol
Thanks for the help all :eek:k:

Daveyca55 said:
That'll teach me for being a tight arse! lol
lol... I'm sure you aren't the only one who's been bitten like that... and probably won't be the last!! :lol:

SENATEpumA said:
Daveyca55 said:
That'll teach me for being a tight arse! lol
lol... I'm sure you aren't the only one who's been bitten like that... and probably won't be the last!! :lol:
Yep, gues that was the reason it was so cheap! lol
But im not a quiter, i'll make it fit with my minor adjustment tool (big hammer).

I'm liking the 'wont fit, will fit' attitude. It's just like mine!

Agreed. think i get that from my dad. He used to mechanic for a banger racer back in the 80's so he'll use practically anything to fix his car! lol

Back