FITTING A FRP GEARBOX ON A STANDARD 1.7 PUMA.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought one from Ringsway Ford - Doncaster £204 inc VAT.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Regards
Scott

Ive driven Eldude's FRP with the st150 clutch in and it'll definately be going in mine if and when it needs replacing! :eek:k:

Can watch to see the difference, by the time I've finsihed with all the mods I might as well have bought an FRP, when this FRP gearbox is fitted, I will have spent £3500 on mods/works and £1000 on the car = £4500.

Although I must admit if I had a FRP I would just be polishing every weekend.

lol! polish the paint away - better to drive it :thumbs: lol

Too true, it must be nice to own one after having a standard Puma?
I suppose it would be nice to have both, maybe one day I can have my trackday Puma and an FRP for Sunday best. Read an article the other day that states the FRP will now only go up in price. I bet by the time I can afford one even the cheapest one will be £10,000. LOL

lol yep it is a good upgrade - especially when you know what your letting yourself in for - yes it can be costly to maintain but hell its worth it lol!
:D

yep theyr getting rarer by the year but theres too many people stash them away in garages rather than doing what they are designed to do - to be Driven Hard :twisted: weeeeee lol!!!

Burger Boy said:
Does that mean the 1422336 is basically a re-conditioned part? Or a kit so that you can re-con your existing ST150 clutch?

I know you have the "New" clutch now, but, to answer this question, they are normally the old clutch assemblies that have been refurbished after being returned to the dealer on exchange, by people who have bought a "New (1358100)" or "Re-manufactured (1422336)" one.
In theory, they could have been recycled more than once.

Hello Everyone,

Urgent help required:

The garage has just phoned me and stated whilst fitting the ST150 clutch in the FRP gearbox:

"The forks on the pressure plate are very close to the edge of the FRP release bearing, will this cause a problem? or does it cause a noise issue?"

Can you answer this one?

Cheers
Scott

The Wiki over at Pumapeople, that eldoodarino did was fitted to an FRP wasn't it?

http://www.pumapeople.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fitting_an_ST_Clutch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iv'e replied to your pm....

it yes, the fingers sit toward the outside area of the bearing...but no problem...still makes adequate contact for good operation..

All of us at Cadwell were using the St item... it takes hard driving well.. :twisted:

Back