FLOWED MAFs & THROTTLE bodies for sale / exchange guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seem to be running low.....waiting for some to come back....hint hint guys!!! iv got a good few sets waiting for returns....

Can some photos of these be posted and the difference between the puma and mondeo tb please

Alex

is the mondeo tb just straight bolt on? if so what year and engine mondeo is it out of?

please read the thread! theres a piccy showing how the edges are machined, thats pretty much it! no the mondeo throttle body is not a straight swap, need to use the springs and links from a puma one.....

mondeo one has a bigger inlet valve, lets more air in, identical on the outside tho, bar linkages

I DONT SEEM TO BE GETTING MY LAST FEW MAF'S AND THROTTLE BODIES BACK.......

for those of you who want one please feel free to pester my last few customers as they're holding everyone up and or being selfish?

Jacko ,I have finally fitted my one....along with a new gasket :-(
I will post the items back to you tomorrow or Tues mate.
Thanks again Jacko.
Paul

after having my maf and throttle body fitted and using msb this week while i have been off work i can say that fuel economy has slighty increased,and response of the engine is smoother and better,great work mate !!

i know! you need to buy one for me first! VERY rare at scrapyard chick...

you also need to buy a puma throttle body i can steal the linkage off too (cheap 1.4 is fine)

weel ....if i port my TB does that mean i heawe too port my MAF too, because im wonderig, vhat about the MAF ...... when you port that..do you remove thouse thiny wires inside ...hawent thon that yeat ..... ore doo you cover them up vith duck tape ..sou thet they cant bee damaged ......

I already hawe increased my TB from 50 to 56 mm :

http://www.mojalbum.com/boospuma/puma/foto/18406160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

take the time to explain a bit to me plase ..since im from Slowenia and i cant ship things to you each time i feel like it :oops:

hi, use a dremel to grind the flat edges to angled edges (look at my pictures)

dont go near the wires

do the maf and throttle body

dont touch the brass / gold butterfly valve

well 4 the brass / gold butterfly valve ..it's a bitt too late ... as you can see, i already give'it a biger hole and biger valve ...thats the picture with the old inlet 50 mm and the hole is 56 mm ... there is a smal problem now with the rews ...the motor rews up 1500 rpm for a few seconds until it comes down to 1000 rpm ..... problems because it dosent seal the way it shuld ....and still the care is more responsive ......

are those wires real sensibel ...cann they break if there is too much wibrating while i grind the edge down ????

take the wires off

take your throttle body back and get it checked; probably isn't sealing properly

Shame people are mucking you about hope you receive them back soon.

Is there any chance you can do a flowed maf for me can paypal you dude.

Hope you can help cheers Gary

next time im at the scrappy il grab one, im sure iv still got one on ebay tho....

Just missed it mate yeah let me know when you done it and ill send mine back.
Whats involved with the mondeo throttle body conversion which parts would i need to buy ?
Cheers Gaz

youl need a mondeo tb (alloy, not plastic) and a puma tb to steal the linkages off...

Back