FLOWED MAFs & THROTTLE bodies for sale / exchange guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried it but id say it would help. Id go for a 1.7 throttle body and try it, then i can flow it if you want a bit more ooomph then you could try a 2.0l. id do it in small steps tho as if you put a flowed 2.0l straight on it might upset the car but if you did it in steps you can experiment to see which is best...

anything you dont use would sell for over £40 usually if iv flowed it.......

BE QUICK EVERYONE; I BREAK UP FOR SUMMER IN 4 WEEKS.....AND 8 WEEKS OFF / AWAY FROM THE WORKSHOP!!!!

just ordered 1.7 throttle body and MAF's from a guy breaking a car on ebay (got a few extra bits as well, 2 x front wings the same colour as my car as mine are rusted at the bottom, a 1.7 air box and all pipes and cables and the passenger rear quarter panel from just above the crease down. the price for everything... a more than reasonable £62 including postage) once I get them I will post them too you
pm me your paypal and address over and I will get them over too you (is there a discount for both if posted at the same time? be nice to be the first on here to try it on a 1.4!)
kindest regards shane

My 2ltr throttle bodie looks like its painted on the inside behind the butterfly,any ideas?

its just cack.....have it ultrasonically cleaned? any injector servicing place should be able to do it...

Sometime soon i should have a maf, which if possible i would like this doing after reading about it. :)

Fitted the 2 ltr bodie,flowed it and the top half of the Frp inlet,bored out the inlet also,I had to enlarge the gasket hole aswell,tested it before going any further and it starts and runs great(havernt drivern it yet)but when you rev it and let off the car seems to hold onto the revs a little longer before idling properly again?

I have only run the car without the airbox on,could this be causing it?

jla- sounds like youv damaged the seal between the brass valve and the throttle body...its REALLY sensitive.
scrap im afraid (feel your pain; iv been there!)

mike- yep, im back in work next week, pm me if you want to post to me, £10 plus £4 postage

I did get a couple of scrathes by the butterfly,when filing but Its running okay now thanks,I put the filter box on and then held the revs for about 40 seconds and seems fine now,havernt drivern it yet tho.
Started flowing the maf now.

oooh, fingers crossed! if it randomly starts idling high its because of damage to the butterfly / scratches around the edge in the ali

mondeo 2.0l is bigger on inside. direct swap but need to swap linkages etc. i can do it for an extra fiver if you send both

MUST BE SILVER / ALUMINIUM NOT BLACK / PLASTIC

got everything but the mondy TB once it arrives I'll post everything off.... taking ages :roll:

You still offering this service??

If so could you give me a message on 07429976304

Thanks

Chris

Im not sure jacko still visits the forum. You may still get him if you look on ebay though.

Latest posts

Back