FLOWED MAFs & THROTTLE bodies for sale / exchange guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not at mo. keep an eye on ebay, dont sell things on here anymore due to forum politics....

Qwertben said:
has forum politcs changed enough for you to start doing this again?
hi mate,jacko hasnt mentioned to me has flowed and mafs or throttle bodys recently,just keep an eye out on ebay tho you never know.....

Last throttle body will be done today and on ebay over the weekend....

thanks - jacko can u you do me a flowed MAF? i can send you mind so you can do it to that one if u want and ill pay you etc....

or if you have one already i can just buy that one if u want?

Hi Red

@Silent; dont have any but don't mind doing your maf. Im away from the workshop for another 2 weeks though...can post it anyway, itl be safe, can flow and post back within a few days. £10 for flowing and £3 ish for postage....

Hi Jacko , I'm looking at gettin a flowed maf and tb in the new year ( if you would do them for me) anyway what difference does it make on the FRP to standard?

Thanks

Dave #007

i have a 2.0l flowed mondeo body on my frp...definetely adds a bit more oomph!

you need the mondeo throttle body and the springs and linkages from a puma one, if you send both i can convert it and flow it for you about mid jan along with a maf if you want...

does it up better jakko? would you need to have it set up for more air? i mite be looking at this my self, what it like on your FRP mate? pull better in rev range? jay 401 a

any silver / aluminium 2l throttle bodt from a mondeo should do, i think its the later ones that have a flat section milled onto the butterfly spindle (helps let even more air in!) as i have done one of these for someone, mine has a normal round spindle
quite hard to find in a scrapyard...always been removed within days of the car getting there so its def a good upgrade!
i have a waiting list for any i find!

it improves throttle response, allows the air in faster and smoother....exactly the same principle behind a proper (performance not noise!) exhaust.....basically it makes the car accelerate faster!

have a read through the comments...everyone seems happy with them
only 'bad' comment is regards to setup...the car will automatically adjust ecu within parameters but more air in means the ecu will match with the correct amount of fuel....so you will get more power...but it will cost you a little more fuel.
to put that into perspective though i can still do 32-34mpg in an frp with a lot of air flow mods with 170k miles....alll depends how heavy your foot is.

Hi. Most of the talk on this thread is about fitting these to FRPs. Could I fit the flowed 2.0 Mondeo TB and flowed MAF to my otherwise standard 1.7. Any issues with that?
If it's ok. Are you still doing these?
Cheers
Scott

Had a go at flowing my maf today. I have to give some credit to Jacko......inspired and helped by.
Not as much removed as Jacko's but I don't have a square edge now but a smooth flow none the less.
Tempted by doing the tb also now.

the maroon bit was just a small piece of cloth I put in the end to prevent crap going in as it looks quite delicate in there.

DSC06916.jpg

DSC06915.jpg

Back