FLOWED MAFs & THROTTLE bodies for sale / exchange guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and just another photo at a sporty angle!!
its looks like a Rolls Royce jet engine, but will it perform like one lol

DSC06909.jpg

itl def help.

I use a lathe so i can use a better angle to guide the air in more gently, takes 20mins....would take a hell of a lot longer with a dremel. did my first with a file though!

there is not much of an angle change at the front now, but yes well be slightly better than stock.

I used a stanley knife just carved round the edge. was quicker than a file and grinding bit on the drill. it was like a lathe as I spun the maf, just slower!

dont have spares (i did off an exchange service but people got lazy and stopped sending them back)

can flow one for you, best bet is to get a spare one from ebay / scrapyard and send it to me...

£10 plus postage (usually £2-£4)

Are the maf for a std 1.7 and frp the same then?

Alex, nice smoothness and some extra response to it when you have it done.

If I do the throttle body too, would i need a new gasket or is it generally re-usable? save pennies you see!
and does the linkage come off and replace easily or need adjustments after?

same for puma and frp

shouldnt need a new gasket....but it can tear

RIGHT guys and girls.......im gonna start doing these again if youd like?

last time i got f**ked off with people not sending me their old ones back and flogging them on ebay for more than id charged to flow them....C*CKS!!!

so please dont even ask!!!

This time im happy for you to send me the part direct to work, i will flow and post back within the day, 2 at most (post office is closed weds!!)
best way to do this is to buy one of ebay etc, post it directly to me, pay me on paypal and i post back, then sell your old one on, or i can flow that and im sure youd make more selling it!

when you post it i will need the paypal payment with your address on...i ONLY take addresses off paypal; that way i know iv been paid! addresses sent though here will be deleted!

Done one already today, will be posted out tonight :)

dont forget; im a teacher! so i only work 2/3 of the year (!!!), check first please!

jacko said:
RIGHT guys and girls.......im gonna start doing these again if youd like?

last time i got f**ked off with people not sending me their old ones back and flogging them on ebay for more than id charged to flow them....C*CKS!!!

If they are this forum, I think you ought to name and shame them!!

so did it make you out of pocket? if you supplied the flowed maf for just £10 and it wasn't replaced

bugger. just looked at a mondeo mk3 one, looks a lot different so don't think they fit. never know until you get one tho...!

yep, go for it

problem was that i did so many in such a short time, it all got very confusing, but yes; they were from here! id gone through all the regulars no probs, it was the newer ones, prob all gone by now!

jacko said:
bugger. just looked at a mondeo mk3 one, looks a lot different so don't think they fit. never know until you get one tho...!

yep, go for it

problem was that i did so many in such a short time, it all got very confusing, but yes; they were from here! id gone through all the regulars no probs, it was the newer ones, prob all gone by now!

lesson learnt then jacko!

I'm revved up to have a shot at my TB also.
Got a aux belt so fitting that this weekend.

I thought the mondeo 2 litre can be made to fit with a different hose an OEM air filter...etc...i think it just plugs in but that from reading it on here somewhere or somewhere like this...anyone tried it..

replied

paul; the air hose is same size...overall body is same size, mounting points are same etc....its just the size of the butterfly throttle inside thats bigger on the mondeo

Jacko,

At such a cheap price how could I refuse!

Got some spannering in on bikes but very little on cars. How hard is this to remove at fit? Do you source the TB for extra £££?

Cheers in advance.

no, i used to but it got complicated and people couldnt be trusted so only do them as supplied now...

not hard to take off. most people buy a spare off ebay and post directly to me...

jacko can you do me a flowed maf/throttle body plsss :) do i have to find them on ebay and post them to you?, how muchs? thanks :)

£10 each plus £4 postage each

yeah, your best bet is to get hold of spares and send them to me

always change the sensors tho (in case the 'new' ones dont work)

Hi, newbie to the forum so I ask that you go easy on me lol.
my question is can this be done for a 1.4 puma (just purchased one) the throttle bodies look the same as the 1.7 ones (just looking at pics on ebay for reference), not sure about the MAF's
Has anyone tried fitting the 1.7 or 2.0 parts on a 1.4?
I'm thinking that this along with the FRP air box mod should let her breath a lot easier and give her a few ponies (not expecting it to make the car take off but more grrrrrr and grunt would be nice (even if it just sounds and feels better by a bit)
if it does work I will get myself back on ebay or down to my local scrap yard asap
cheers shanos

Latest posts

Back