Focus MAF unit???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seg

Hi guys. Can I use the MAF unit from a V-Reg (2000) Ford Focus on the Puma 1.7 W-Reg? The reason I ask is I have a flat spot in 1st up till about 3000k RPMs and when I have checked reading through OBD software, there is no readings for MAF intake. No activity there at all. The ECU supports the PIDs for MAF intake as does the software. I have put new plugs in, NGK Platinums, new air filter and will be doing the rocker cover gasket tomorrow as I have a bit of a leak. I also have a O2 sensor fault which is P0135 which is going to be replaced this coming weekend along with fuel filter, new oil and oil filter the week after.

Thanks in advance.

Seg

Not the same part number and it would appear that you need one anyway if its not providing a reading.

Worth checking the Puma live data isn't the same for a known-good sensor but I would guess not.

Thanks Ian. I think it will probably be worth getting a new one anyway. Like you say, looks like I need one.

Any ideas why I get what I can only describe as a slurping noise from front drivers side. Not all the time, mostly when pulling away. Could it be vct (lack of oil) im gonna check oil when I get home from work as I have a leaky rocker gasket anyways.

Audible from the drivers' seat?

Coolant expansion tank is also over that side and that would no doubt be louder than oil.

VCT also wouldn't be active at low revs.

Thanks for your reply Ian.

Would the expansion tank make a noise? It isn't constant, but quite regular.

A bit puzzled by this noise. If it started from doing something in particular or at a certain time, it would probably be easier to diagnose......?!?"?!"@"(*")*&£&^* :?: :?: :?: :?:

Yes, its fairly sure it will release excess pressure in the coolant system.

Shouldn't be doing it regularly though, you'd probably notice a lack of coolant after a while.

Latest posts

Back