Focus/Puma clutch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKHang

Hi, heard that a Focus 1.8 16v clutch will be good for Puma 1.7 16v 1998; if this ture and what year to go for in Focus clutch last and not least any other special parts to make fit? Cheers :)

The focus clutch is very light, maybe too light , still haven't got use to it since having one fitted.

Yes I did mean the pedal feel , guess it is what you are use to . I agree in traffic , which is hard to avoid on the roads :grin: the clutch is better. This isn't my daily driver so I always compare it to my daily drive which is not a puma. Having 46k on the original puma clutch then having this fitted the pedal first felt like it was "broken" because it felt very light.

ahhh.... right.
Reason i ask is we're gonna need a new clutch in the next 6 months or so.
is the Focus clutch better/longer lasting than the standard Puma one?

There are mixed feelings regarding it's strength or durability as we all drive differently so no definitive information can't be given as far as I know. No complaints from me after 24k miles although I'm contemplating fitting a much stronger rated clutch to match the plans I have for the car.

Latest posts

Back