foglight covers keep falling off

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neviiim

did someone try to fix them in place for good? I got a 2nd pair and not planning to lose them again. Lost original ones thanks to potholes

20220210_173933.jpg

if yes, how did you do it? I can't seem to think of anythin simple yet effective enough, mostly due to almost 0 work space in that area and minimal surface to attach them

already lost the 1 on driver's side, silicon glue didn't stand a chance against pot holes.

Sorry unable to help. Not had that problem and our roads are terrible, I'd have tried Silicone as well, wondering if there's something wrong with your bumper.

Hi,
I think I may have solved this. Yesterday I took my fog lights out to restore them. I had a job to get the cover to stay fitted upon refitting them. I found that I had to really push the light hard into the small rounded end and maintain that pressure on whist I tightened the screws. In addition if you look at the edge of the cover that abuts the light there is a very slight angle to it. This edge has to be fed in under the lense of the light itself. If done correctly the should be a crisp audible click when the cover is snapped into place.I hope that makes sense. It only has to be very slightly out of kilter and the covers will just not stay in.
Regards,
Richard.

Thanks for the tip, once the 3rd pair of these will arrive I'll give it a go again.

Back