Ford puma engine problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megox

Hello fellow puma owners.

I changed spark plugs, and the leads and the car sounds like its running on 3 cylinders, I have a video but don't know how to post it... Please help

The thing is I swapped the air filter, drove it for a while then went to check the spark plugs so I removed the cables and saw that I had to replace them put the leads back in the exact order, tried to start it the same sound,
Then I went and bought new spark plugs and leads, and the coil pack, put them in and still doesn't sound good

Do it was happening before fitting the new parts, it could be thee coil pack in that case?

Only when I went to check the old spark plugs, after that it started to sound funny

Which spark plugs have you used?

I used Champion spark plugs but had to change them because the ends were too small to fit in the leads properly and caused bad engine running.

The following link is to a useful guide for identifying Zetec idling problems

http://www.gomog.com...ambda%20Sensor.

I changed my coil pack this weekend and et voila- a perfectly running engine again :) I hope you sort your issue?

Back