Front ABS Sensor - chrome look cap, or not?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashBastd

My front o/s ABS sensor is faulty, so I bought a new one today, checked it when I got home, and the end is black, with two metallic sensors. The rear ones had a silver cap, and I thought from when I gave the fronts a clean, that they also had a silver cap. Can anyone who has experience of front sensors please confirm if they should have a silver cap, or not?

Thanks!

I think OEM ones have the silver cap. I've seem both silver and black. The after-market ATE ones are the same as Ford supply now and are black.

Yea the front ones are black with two metallic rectangle bits on the end, which should be flush. No silver cap :)

Is there any visible damage on the wire on your old ABS sensor?

Thanks for the confirmation.

No damange to the wiring, but the resistance readings suggest that one is the culpret.

FlashBastd said:
Thanks for the confirmation.

No damange to the wiring, but the resistance readings suggest that one is the culpret.

Ahh cool. The reason i ask is because mine went last month and the reason for the fault was because the wheel had rubbed against the wire so much, as i have bigger wheels on my kat and a 40mm drop.
If you do have bigger wheels (i've got 17's) i would recommend relocating that wire on both sides of the car to prevent it happeneing in the future.

:)

My NSF sensor has just gone. I will ask to have mine re-routed when I have it fitted, I didn't realise the 17's rub on the wire!

Back