front bumper chips!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee_murf

hey, not had my Puma long but when i bought her there was no chips on the front bumper but now there is and there r now small white chips all over it!!

I dont drive 2 close to cars infront of me and dont speed, well not too much.

Is this a prob with the puma? there seems to be sum light plastic behind the chips as well?????

Its a 2002 1.7 silver and im quite miffed with this, the cars bodywork is great apart from the bumper and its doing my head in!!!

Any suggestions, really dont want to replace the front bumper....

Dee_murf

You just need it to be resprayed, think it's something like £50 a panel, can't remember though im afraid.

Make sure it's a good bodyshop though!

Mine is chipped on the bumper, bonnet wings and roof in places, plus the doors actually.......bloody hell :(

Are you sure it wasn't there before? Or did the previous owner owner just do a good job with the t-cut and wax?

As with most cars the front bumper is prone to attack of the stones. Mine is the same, when I get it there wasn't much but I do a lot of motorway miles and this is where it seems to get the worst of it.

At then end of the day when you get it re-prayed you will be so pissed off when you get than inevitable 1st chip.

You might as well let it get really bad before you get it done, because you will be paying for a job that will eventually have to be done again

Thanks every1, il prob leave it for a while then before i get it resprayed.

I was just wanting to see if it was prone to pumas.

Sorry to hear about ur puma Ben, i nearly cried myself when i seen the pics. Wots the latest, is it repairable?

if you are particularly concerned about sone chips in your front bumper and want to get it resprayed dont be put off by the fact that it will inevitably happen again.

there are plenty of companies that offer a clear film wrap to protect bodywork from chips. which is alot cheaper and easier to replace when its taken a few knocks.

my front bumper is covered in grey flecks from stone chips. most annoying once youve given it a good clean and wax. however the rest of the car also has scuffs and dings so i may aswel wait until i can afford t do the whole car

You should take a bright torch to your car at night! Then you start to realise how many stone chips you really do have :(

Go for a professional photoshoot - they all disappear!!!

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=25857#25857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back