Front disc,s and pads??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eviewonder

Hi Guys,looking for some advice regarding new front discs and pads for 2001 1.7 black.Not mega expensive but decent ones.They are sold in pairs arnt they?? Thanking you in advance xx

Discs are often sold singly though I've always bought pairs. I have a set of half decent discs and pads if you want 2nd hand, the pads are Ferodo Racing ones so not junk and hardly used. I'm in the Midlands

Thank you for your offer but I really want to replace these present ones with new.Am having to replace quite a few things with new!!!But once again many thanks xx

Ford original Disc's(F1808479)£48 per pair Ford Pads(F1911169) £35 for full set,so £83 all in.
There's a Brembo kit available from Eurocarparts Discs(10459006A)£31.23 per pair and Pads(10159021A) at £35.10 per set,so £66.33 in total :grin:
Hope this helps.

Hi Coyote,,,Thank you for your advice,,,
sorry ,you will have to speak I layman's term.I.m not terribly mechanically minded .Are you saying the first option of mad4jags is better all round??Having written of my last car,by being stupid I,m wanting a decent pair of brakes(and a little more common sense!!)So really appreciate your knowledge. Xxx

I live in Croatia, so can't tell you what is the better option financially. Original parts are always the best, but also the most expensive option. You pay for the Ford logo on the box at least 30% markup.
What I am saying that in that box you will find ATE products labelled as Ford/Motorcraft.
This is the company: https://www.ate-brakes.com

So if you happen to find ATE discs and pads cheaper than Ford OE, you can go for it as it is top quality product. That is all.

Cheers,

Back