FRP 30mm 'press car' spacers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone using these 30mm spacers care to comment on handling difference between the standard 20mm compared to the 30... :idea:

Iv'e recently fitted them and the car feels 2 foot wider on each side..lol :lol: amazed how different the car feels :eek:

I'm in the process of bedding in new tyres/geometry settings so would'nt like to comment on whether it actually improved the handling as such... i felt it made the back end quite 'lively' :eek: so far... especially now the temperature is dropping generally speaking and grip is not brill...

Anyone used both settings on track, and could comment on the difference??

Regards

Chris
FRP453

I read that for FWD cars its best to have the front track wider than the back, maybe thats why it feels a bit strange! Oo
So maybe if you widen the front by the same amount it'll feel better.

I've got 30mm on mine, but as I have the early, narrow beam, it's only given me 20mm each side taking into account there were 10mm spacers already on there.

The difference was massive. The car feels more sturdy on the road. Feels more planted. Hard to describe but definitely a difference!

Mine was prone to oversteer on the limit, 30mm spacers make it feel much less like it has rear wheel steering.

Simon

hmm, I am taking both to brands on the 13th, one with 30mm spacers one with 20mm. I cannot really say I feel that much difference, if anything the cars without the 30mm spacers go sideways a tad quicker but they still go sideways...I find mine fitted with the 30mm will, in the wet, slide all four

Wouldnt know, mine doesnt come out in the wet

Simon

el dude said:
Yeah, i get the impression so far the wider stance feels nice in the dry, but more prone to slide in wet...

You can never get a '+' without some '-' too i guess... :cool:

ah you spare car man....I have so many cars but i will always chose the FRP if i can,.,.

understand, i like it shiny but I have a short memory and once inside I dont see the outside just the next corner...

Latest posts

Back