FRP Air Filter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeBoi

I keep hearing people mentioning they have a FRP air box or air intake.. can somebody explain to me the difference and how much it benefits the car and does it cost much?

Its the same box, but the air comes in from the front rather than the side via the wheel arch in a standard puma. There is essentially no difference.

No difference apart from the air will flow into the airbox better as it doesn't have to turn a sharp corner like it does coming over the wing.

If you connect the FRP style one to a cold air inlet type arrangement from the front bumper, you can almost "force" air in.

Like this:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=3724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

r nice one... so the air box is the same??? just need to sort out the cold air feed?

The airbox is exactly the same. On a nurmal puma, there is a bung in the forward facing entry, in the FRP the bung is in the side.

See this thread:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=4322" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2nd picture shows the FRP inlet (front) and the 3rd the normal inlet (side)

there was no bung on my wifes puma airbox i had to cut a hole in the front of the box and used drain pipe to make the tube, there was a guid on how to do it on another puma site <_<

IMG_5168.jpg

The real FRP box is on the right all Tickford did was make a hole in the front and but a piece of B&Q drain pipe in at about 45 degrees. The one on the left is my home made one.

TyeBoi said:
i need to make one of these myself i think lol. do they leave the original hole open ?

its partialy blocked by the new pipe, but i left it open on my wifes puma.

that original frp airbox looks like a bodge its rather funny realy i bet it was a very cheap mod for them to make and so effective.

lol cheap and effective are my favorite words right now lol!

just bought a K&N panel filter to go in my air box so I will have to compliment it with this cold air intake I think.

where does you cold air pipe goto in the standard puma?

hi ya.. i have been playing around with the idea of doing this mod. bought a air box from a grease monkey at the scrappy for a fiver was about to hit the local B&Q and i wasn't sure what diameter i need? so any help would be good. also how long is your pipe (wink wink school boy joke) the FRP air intake?
Andy :lol:

that's grate ...thanks i will tell every one how it went and how many fingers i lost in the process

got a feeling your right going to have to buy 3m of the stuff. how did you guys fix it in place.. i am thinking no nails and a well placed self tapper? :D

Back