FRP ALCON / HISPEC inspect, replace etc guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oo god....er....2 years....20k a year probably (mostly country lanes!!!!!)

hold on itl say in my post!!!!!

nov 09 i think they went on....prob 30k miles for plain discs and 1 set of ferrodo pads, both worn to limit

alcons are quoted by eldood to last longer (i still dont trust everything hes says tho) as apparently they are a higher carbon content (dont ask me how he knows- for all i care all discs are made from pig iron!) than the hispec (however these are sourced from motorsport suppliers). im sure i have heard of alcons lasting 30k, & thats got to be about what iv done, maybe closer to 25 but like i say, most of it is country lanes!!

New mintex pads come with a 'c' shaped shim...its crap! got fed up of the squeeling so bought some 3m ones off ebay....took the pads out...no shims!!! they had been eaten by the pistons!!! new shims have sorted it.

quite chuffed...20 mins to get the pads out, cleaned, new shims and all back together!

THIS GUIDE IS NOW CLOSED! Please do not reply.

I have taken all of the above and put it into a 'Haynes' style FRP Brake guide to put into the fiesta mk4 (puma) Haynes manual, all the important info is there and more, covering all aspects of FRP braking front and rear, including upgrades and it's a lot more concise than here. It's available to buy on ebay.

Thanks

Jacko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back