FRP Front lower arm suspension bushes.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOH

Hi I have genuine ford lower arms . I wish to replace the rear larger bushes in the arms.

I am considering the flowlex complete front end kit off ebay but am concerned as on other forums that they don't seem to last very long?

There is someone who posted with only 100bhp and they had torn the centre around the steel bush hole oval, in approx 800 miles!

Has anyone on here had satisfactory results using flow flex bushes in the front lower arms?
I am happy with them in the rear axle beam so far.(As they aren't handling any torque from the engine)

Will the FRP front lower arm rear bush fit ok into standard puma arms?

Is this the correct Part number:1042691, I ask as fords parts online couldn't find a part number for the FRP bush but told me 1042691 are £33 each plus carriage? Has anyone found them for a better price ? has anyone sourced a good supplier ?

Has anyone got a photo of a FRP lower arm rear bush?
Does it look more substantial and have less voids in it?

stick to a good brand and make sure they have stainless inserts

iv used polyflex and been fine on an frp with more power, better clutch and a quaife diff.....iv snapped an axle and 3 cv joints...bushes are fine!

Hi Jacko
Thanks for your reply.
Did you mean Powerflex as I can't find any info on Polyflex?
If you are using Powerflex,are you using the purple coloured lower arm bush or further upgraded black version?

DOH said:
Is this the correct Part number:1042691, I ask as fords parts online couldn't find a part number for the FRP bush but told me 1042691 are £33 each plus carriage?

Does it look more substantial and have less voids in it?

yes and yes... i'd go for that one personally.. :cool:

Back