FRP replia reg no T51RFF aka Betty

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's a bit of a let down. Is there enough there to make the project worth doing? Or when you need to spend a bit more than expected?

I think you'll get less grief from the FRP purists if you use the replica for the project. If it's got most the FRP running gear it should still be good - I'd still use it.

you only have to look at the F2 puma that he is struggling to sell at £1650, so for me it is either mega project or scrap it.

Simon

It's more of a let down because its not a proper racing puma. It was always going to be a big project but now it doesn't matter too much on how I cut the shell up. For reference the reg is: T51RFF which I didn't know untill I put it in etis

That's an XC VIN, could have told you that wasn't an FRP.

Is it otherwise indistguishable? I'm a bit behind the curve if you've already posted about it, got pics?

Not really in the pics that were on eBay, when I got there and started to look at it it had all the signs of being a replica, fuel cap not sitting flush, tray for the spare wheel, old style interior light, blue slam panel, silver bits on the a posts where it's been painted. But still, got a good set of rear wings for TPLT if I decide to cut it up

Need help with this now.......... My old man has looked at the shell and he recons that all the work has been done at factory and so it is a real FRP. Is anyone able to come and look at her to tell me for definite that she is or isn't a genuine one.

I would love her to be but I want to know for sure................HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone thought about using the 2.3 Saab turbo engine? As the b234 is capable of upto 500bhp on standard internals. Just upgrade the turbo to a tdo4 a remap for £50 an intercooler and that's 300 right there. Fook knows how hard it would be to get in a puma but hey if it can fit in the back of a reliant kitten why shouldn't it. Lol

O and if you do decide to go the rs2k route give me a shout if you need anything got heaps of spares and 2 engines.

Back