Frp seat cleaning

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanG

Hi guys im fitting a new pair of front seats in my frp as the old ones are bobling and dirty aswell as having a tear in the bolster im having the bolster repaired but want to see how they come up first.

Any tips on cleaning them would be apreciated im pretty sure some vanish product has been
mentioned on similar topics for the alcantara also some sort of scraper to remove the bobling.
Like i say any help would be great :)
Thanks, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I have used vanish foam carpet cleaner, spray all over and then got a carpet cleaner on the seats ( one with a removable stair cleaning tool) they came up a treat and to finish it off I have a lint shaver called bobble off! I got mine from asda but you could find them on eBay aswell.

To clean the alcantara on the steering wheel remove steering wheel from car fill the sink with warm water and add some vanish oxy action stuff and put the steering wheel in one side at a time!

Yeh you can do it by hand if you want I was going for the lazy route!!

Anyway you can use a red marker pen for the racing logo on the seat after you have cleaned then up

Ryan,

If doing it by hand just make sure you only dab it, dont rub ooer or you will end up with serious bobles

Thanks zara ive had my new ones proffesionally cleaned but im going tonsee if my old ones are worth anything so gonna give them a clean myself with these tips :)

wey when I got #014 the seats were pretty mingin lol had afew stains, the stering wheel was brown rather than blue and the vanish brought them up a treat :)

Back