Fuel pump help!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey s

Just driven back from Norfolk back to bishops stortford switched off my engine and now it will not start.

I can't hear the fuel pump prime. It has done this last year which turned out to be the fuse but all fusses seem fine.

Can some one point to me where the relay is please or any suggestions.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Kind regards
Mike

If yours is post 2000, the fuel pump relay is in the aux fuse box in the engine bay. I think it's bottom left if looking at it from the passenger side of the car.

Check the fuel cut-off in the passenger footwell also. Should be pressed down IIRC.

Hi, I recently messed with a Focus pump which I believe is the same.
Tested for power at the fuse and swopped out the relay for another one with the same pins in the relay box.

checked for power under the back seat on the focus where the wires enter the tank.

All had power.

Took two wires from a battery charger and spliced into the wires near the tank and the pump primed.
Had to do this on a couple of more occasionsover a couple of weeks before the pump had to be changed.
I concluded that the pump sticks when it gets old but an injection of twelve volts up it unsticks it.

Latest posts

Back