Gearbox mount

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caprixpack

Ok, so today I've decided to replace the gearbox mount under the battery. I knew there were 2 different types that changed sometime mid 1999 , but I could only find one type. Part numbers for each only lead back to the same aftermarket part with the threaded holes.

Has anyone else had any troubles with this? I've drilled out the threads on the new mount and measured both mounts and everything lines up the same when trial fitting.

Anyway after some faffing I've come up with this.
Threads in the mount drilled out, studs removed and shank bolts with the same thread (febi brand left over from a fitting kit for a VW engine mount) that fit snugly in the drilled holes and tightens up nicely in to the bottom part of the mount.
DSC_1016.JPG
DSC_1018.JPG

Sorry, if I'd seen this sooner I would have suggested doing exactly what you ended up doing! I had same issue with threaded/non threaded bits.

Don't worry about it, I just wanted some kind of reassurance that I was going in the right direction. It's crazy that both part numbers lead to the same aftermarket part, and the early type doesn't seem to be made as I can't find one anywhere.

Latest posts

Back