Gearknob Refurb service

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am but im having a break for a bit because im far too busy with the car at the moment i will be doing it again soon though

Hi Steve. Are you polishing knobs again yet? If you aren't polishing knobs again yet how will I know when you've started polishing knobs again?

:-D

Its not that hard to do yourself.
Remove knob.
Get a bolt with same thread as gear stick.
Cut of bolt head with hacksaw.
Put headless end of bolt into a drill.
Screw knob onto threaded end of bolt.
Use fine wire wool with Auto Sol metal polish on it.
Give the drill a spin for a few minutes and it comes up like new.

theres more to it then that, if you try that you will find it wont remove any damage, or imperfections on the knob, and it will tarnish again quickly, theres a coating on the knobs that gives it the satin finish this needs to be removed and you literally have to machine a thin wafer off the surface altogether to achieve best results, and fix any damage or marks

Its not that easy. I spent hours polishing and its still not that great. Not sure how steve does it but they look ace.

I'd love to have my knob polished. :p

No, really - I want one that looks all shiny and painted, not scratched, dull and lifeless.

+2

I would pay good money to have my knob polished :D

But seriously if this is still going I would totally pay for it D:

You could buy a new one for £21, delivered:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251302416684?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YOG said:
You could buy a new one for £21, delivered:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251302416684?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did look at that tbh but Steves look much better in my opinion, a much more reflective finish.

Im in no rush so I dont mind waiting for when Steves back in the game :)

Latest posts

Back