Grinding noise when braking, HELP !!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapy1

Hi,guys need help with problem brakes, when braking there is a loud grinding noise as if the abs is on this only happens when I've slowed down at junctions etc and happens as I am just about to stop which I can feel through the pedal also, there are no abs/tc lights lit and this fault happened once before last year on and off for a couple of weeks then stopped before I could get it checked but yesterday it seems to have come back with a vengance grinding noise nearly every time I'm braking and just as the car is about to stop.

What the man above says, sounds like knackered pads.

ABS doesn't make a noise as such although you would feel it "pulsing" through the pedal, but only under hard braking.

Hi, it's the same noise you get when trying to pull away in the snow when traction control kicks in (living in the north east we have plenty of that) but only happens as the car is just about to stop and nearly releasing pressure of the brake.

Do your abs / traction control lights come on and then go off again when you turn the ignition on?

Yes the abs/tc light comes then goes off a couple of seconds after the engine starts and the car does the self tes ok after driving off.

Back