Handbrake handle

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VDUD

Hi,

I've got the standard black plastic handbrake handle, but its looking a little worse for ware. My girlfriend showed me a genuine ford brushed aluminium look one online.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_puma_handbrake_cover_aluminum_look_design_f_1076753_c_143.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I'm just wondering how to take off the current black one and replace it with this metal look one, will I need any special tooling? or is just as simple as slide down the leather foot and pull it off?

any help welcome.

Thanks
Tom

The one you linked to slides over the standard one. You don't need to take the standard black one off.

:eek:k:

I have one of these that I fitted a couple of years ago and I'm almost 100% certain you have to cut the original handbrake rubber handle off with a stanly knife before you fit this.

Sorry to hijack the post, but my Puma has the cover you linked on it already, it just slides on and off.

Mine however has a big crack and chunk missing underneath where you grab it, so I got:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002DY4MCS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, the internal of this cover in cylindrical, not rectangular like my handbrake arm.

Can anyone recommend a solution, such as replacing the arm and mechanism with one that this cover is designed to fit, I'm guessing a certain type of fiesta one.

Thanks

I would recommend sending it back where it came from as its the wrong one rather than getting into the hassle of trying to get some other handbrake to fit your car.

Turned out there are 2 part numbers, I was sold the wrong one as the Puma one. Sent it back, got a refund, then found the other part no. on fleabay cheaper. Score.

Music, did the one you get in the end slide on over the existing? and is it the same look as in the picture? I was interested in those ones but didn't think it would work, being cylindrical.

I had to remove the silver plastic one, but it just slid off with a big of wiggling. Then the new one just slid on. I think the part number is 5500.34 for the Puma, I got sent .36 the first time round.

Back