Heated windscreen not working - no light on dashboard button

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevpuma11

Thanks for the reading this first of all,

The heated windscreen in my Puma hasn't worked for a while and now it's getting icy, I wanted to try and get it working again. Been out this morning, checked the 40v fuse in engine fuse box - seems fine - then swapped the two relays around that are located behind the other fuse box and they all seem fine. Then I checked the connections in the A-pillars - both connected - so I want to know what else I can try.

The light on the button on the dashboard isn't working so I thought it would be something obvious but it's starting to frustrate me now.

If anyone can give me any suggestions of what I can do, hopefully it can be a nice, quick fix.

Thanks

Hi, did you test the button whit the engien running? It only Works whit the engien running.

You could remove the button, amd chec that there is Power to the leeds there.
Also if Your unsertin about the screen itselfe, you can try using an ohm meter on it, i don't recal the walues, bit so long as you get some resistamcw, some of it should work.
You can also do a Direct jump from the battery, just to se if it warms up, just be careful :)

Cartman said:
Hi, did you test the button whit the engien running? It only Works whit the engien running.

You could remove the button, amd chec that there is Power to the leeds there.
Also if Your unsertin about the screen itselfe, you can try using an ohm meter on it, i don't recal the walues, bit so long as you get some resistamcw, some of it should work.
You can also do a Direct jump from the battery, just to se if it warms up, just be careful :)

Thanks for the reply, yeah I popped out the button and it was all connected. Haven't got an ohm meter so might just have to get it looked it when it's next in for something.

Cheers

Yeah it's always running when I try it as I need to use the heater on 4 instead

Back