Hello!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shinyuri

:)

Hello everyone,

Been a bit of a lurker since I bought my Puma 5 or so months ago but I thought I would introduce myself on here as I have used this site constantly!!

I have a 2002 dark grey (sorry don't know the paint name) Puma and absolutely love the handling of it - bought it on a whim and have been well impressed with it.

Only thing is that it keeps breaking down but with the help of this site I have been up and running in no time flat! Since I have owned it I have replaced the rear wheel bearing, the hcv, the thermostat housing and this weekend I will be doing the rocker cover gasket! Also uprated the sound system with the help of the how to section of this site. Don't worry I'm not an idiot on the roads, just love the bass when doing the commute on the motorway.

Anyways, much respect everyone for keeping my car on the road!

welcome to the site :)
Good luck with your spannering too..

Here's todays top tip..

When you get your rocker cover off, clean the engine where the rubber seal fits.
If you look closey a the end where the cams are you'll see a thin line of white sealant Ford put on when new.
Clean this off with a little plastic scraper and you'll not have oil leak issues when you put it all back together :wink:

Let us know how you get on.
Stu..

Don't forget a little blob of gasket sealant (good quality silicone) at the joint between the flat part of the head and where it goes over the cams (4 places). This stops it leaking from these areas.
Barry

Latest posts

Back