Hesitation mid range whilst cruising

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midge

Hi
Just got my 3rd puma, I just keep going back to my only love.

So she drives like a dream when idling, excellerating but between 1.8 to 2.8 revs hesitates. I've changed the coil, ht leads, spark plugs, lambda sensor, air filter and air intake gasket. None have made a difference.

HELP what am I missing? I've been told it's like the fuel is too lean. Has anyone else experienced this or has suggestions regarding possible air pipe leaks?

Thanks

Could also be the TPS, or worst case, the timing is slightly off, or the VCT is acting up.
When was the last time you had the oil changed?? the VCT is powerd by oil pressure.

I have a simelar issue, but from 2000 to 4000 on half load, I have fitted a e-bay TPS and when spring (and time) comes, I wil swap it for a ford one, and se if it makes any difference.

TPS caused this issue for me. A lot of the garages I went to found no fault codes but kept pointing to the fuel pump.

Switched the TPS with a cheap one from Euro, reset the ECU (essential otherwise the revs get stuck at 2k) and it was as good as new. Grabbed a new one from Ford, happy days.

Latest posts

Back