Hi All

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Rocks

Hi All

Just bought my first Puma today and so far I'm loving it! It's a 2001 1.7.

Looking forward to being part of the group and hoping my experience with the Puma is as good as all of yours. Never been part of a car club before, mainly cos I've only ever had rubbish cars so hoping that owning a puma will be a whole new experience for me. :grin:

Happy driving!

Jon

Frank said:
dingwells1985 said:
Hello and welcome you will find that this car has the best gearbox ever! :grin:

....and the worst headlights ever. Welcome, Jon. :)

Hello and welcome!

Frank, I would really recommend to get the lights geometry PROPERLY adjusted. If your lenses are clean and the lights are PROPERLY adjusted, the headlights are better than just fine. Really. The light in front of you is nice and homogoneus, no dark spots, and the beam range is on par with everything that uses halogen bulbs out there.
I have seen and driven my share of pumas, and I can now tell that NONE of them had the headlights properly adjusted. When you adjust it PROPERLY it is night and day difference, really

Wild E. Coyote said:
Frank, I would really recommend to get the lights geometry PROPERLY adjusted. If your lenses are clean and the lights are PROPERLY adjusted, the headlights are better than just fine.
Hi Sinisa,

I'd be really grateful if you could do a proper 'How To' on that sometime, as due to our MOT regulations, I've not touched that side and know nothing about it.

As it is, I've polished up the lenses, upgraded the bulbs (not HID) and my dipped beams are still positively dangerous on unlit, unknown roads at night, yet each time the headlights pass the MOT! I get around it just by going slower in those conditions, which isn't right, but the fact is I just can't see the road ahead well enough to go faster.

The thing with MOT is that they only care that the light pattern isn't to high (to blind the oncoming traffic) and don't give a s_it about the actual pattern. I will try to make a how to but you will have to mirror image it as you are driving on the side of the road which isn't right :wink:

Wild E. Coyote said:
I will try to make a how to but you will have to mirror image it as you are driving on the side of the road which isn't right :wink:
Many thanks and no problem for me to mirror everything for driving on the wrong side.

So far, I've got as far as finding that the entire country of East Sussex, UK does not seem to possess any 25 feet (7.62m) section of flat level ground with a wall or fence at one end. This includes my drive and every local car park, the search continues. :)

Hi Jon.

We wont hold it against you for keeping on buying the wrong car previously.

You`ve got it right in the end...

Welcome aboard, Stu..

Latest posts

Back