Hi from Chelmsford in Essex.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard,
Having met you I can honestly say you are a genuine fella.
There is no doubt you will do the right thing and offer the correct price.

Hi Richard
My comments were not directed at anyone, aside from maybe the 'lads' at the garage where it gets MOTd.
I wonder if that's where the the £1500 came from :|
Paul

Hi.
Paul and Barry,
no worries I did not think you were having a go. I posted my comments as I did because I would expect any reasonable person and Puma enthusiast to have the same ethics.
We will just have to wait and see what happens,
Regards,
Richard.

Cheers for that Richard, I was thinking I'd upset you, glad I didn't and as I posted previously good luck with the car if you get it that must be one of the lowest mileages left.
Barry

Hi,

As a complete novice I got the £1500 price from looking at different garage websites and could not find any pumas with as low a mileage as mine and came up with that figure as a genuine figure that I think it is worth or there abouts. Of course I may be wrong and it is not worth that amount. The garage I take it to and have done for many years is in Springfield Road, Chelmsford very near the prison! I don't want to name it but I and many friends and relatives take our cars there for MOT's. The lads I mentioned are probably just joking and being friendly.

Thanks for all the comments, interestingly my grown up children all call my car 'The Puma' never my car when referring to it. They all know that I love it and will be very sad to see it go if I decide to sell it.

Regards Sue

PS It passed its MOT with mileage of 13,918 and I have all previous MOT certs.

Hello sue.
your thread has brought some positive comments.
As I said in an earlier post, I think your car could command top money now.
There`s not many like this one.
Do you have a picture by the way?
It probably will appreciate in value too.

I hope you decide to keep it, so you and your family can enjoy it further.

I do recommend asking the lads who look after your car about the timing belt, whether you decide to keep or sell the car it`s important and can kill the car if it fails!!

regards, Stu..

+1 get the cambelt done, if it goes its really serious, would be a shame on such a low mileage car. Its way overdue, I wouldn't drive it anywhere (except maybe the garage to have it done) until the belt is replaced.

One selling on ebay at the moment for £3999, 02 reg with 19,000 on the clock , full ford history and no rust.

I think yours is worth £2000 plus easy but it`s finding the right person.

Wow thanks for all the advice! I am worried now as I did not realise these things needed doing.

I certainly wont be using it until I decide what to do.

To have the cambelt replaced is not cheap. several hundred pounds.
But it will preserve the value (and reliability) of this car for years to come.

Stevie at performance puma done my cambelt, its £285
http://blog.performancepuma.com/?page_id=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

16 raven road
South woodford
E18 1HB

Latest posts

Back