How many lights are suppose to be in boot

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palix91

Hello guys, as title say, I don’t know how much lights should I have in boot. Right now I have one on right side, but theres a hole prepared for fitting another light on left side but there are no cables leading to this place, even a socket is missing. I found this out when I was changing classic light to LED. Sadly its not emitting as much light as I wanted so I looked on left side and voila, theres place where I think another light should be. Any ideas if its correct? And any ideas how to connect new cables for second light? Can I connect new cables to original ones on right side?

I think you will find we only have one light in our boots too....as for wiring the other one, there is no reason at all preventing you from simply joining the wires to the existing one then running the wires around/under carpet etc to the new one, just make sure cable joints are shielded to prevent shorting and the new cable is not going to catch on seat brackets or similar and you are good to go

Second light is an easy add-on to reduce the Stygian gloom of a Puma boot! One of the first things that I did when I bought my Thunder. I have also added extra boot lights in a Fiesta, Fusion and Focus!

Get the lampholder from a scrappy, leaving the maximum length of cable on it, and connect to the existing. you will need to remove some trim and stuff. The other thing you might do is use some chrome tape to make a rudimentary reflector behind what ever bulb/LED you install.

Whilst in the scrappy you might look for a glove box light fitting, the second thing I did.....

Only the light on the right is standard but as mentioned, it's an easy modification to add a second. Much like the mod to add one to the glove compartment.

I like the idea of taping background of my LED bulb to make it shine more, since I have LED bulb with two panels emmiting light to sides only. One side is emiting light to boot while the other is useless right now. Tape should do the work

Latest posts

Back