How to change the mileage on digital clocks

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbc1971

does anyone know how to change the mileage on my puma digital clocks as I ve changed the engine and would like to match the mileage, :grin:

I think it's a bit of a legal grey area here, if you changed the clocks from the one from the donor car say yours were broken it would be ok as long as it was properly recorded and not hidden from any future buyer else it constitutes fraudulent behaviour since everyone know most people buying cars look for ones with lower mileage. (A history check of the vehicle should of course show this up)

There are companies set up to change your mileage and it seems to cost between £70-100 and appears to be setting it to what the car is at.. not the engine.

The mileage at the last MOTs will be on the certificate so any potential buyer will see the mileage has been altered hence the car will be very difficult to sell. Also the engine might be lower mileage but the rest of the car isn't

jbc1971 said:
does anyone know how to change the mileage on my puma digital clocks as I ve changed the engine and would like to match the mileage, :grin:
Yep, easy enough. You just use a digital electric drill on the digital clock to wind the mileage back.

Frank said:
jbc1971 said:
Yep, easy enough. You just use a digital electric drill on the digital clock to wind the mileage back.
DO NOT DO THIS!

I tried it once - it knackered my flux capacitor.

evilrob said:
Frank said:
jbc1971 said:
DO NOT DO THIS!

I tried it once - it knackered my flux capacitor.

If you will use cheap aftermarket flux capacitors made by the same people who make the HCVs....

Thanks guys that's give me a lot to think about ,think might just have to keep track of the mileage so I know what the engine has done . :grin:

Quickest way is to fit the clocks from the engine donor.

Not a grey area - discrepancies in the display are not illegal providing the correct mileage is recorded and made available to the next owner.

So if you bought new clocks at 50k, you'd add 50k on to whatever it was reading.

I've always considered it a bit of a silly idea given that your MOTs will indicate the discrepancy and they're very easy to look up these days.

You're probably more likely to find a buyer for a car whose MOT history looks correct than one with lower mileage if it looks like its been clocked.

Back