i have a 1998 1.7 puma with cooling problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the5t3

to cut a long story short the hcv snapped i replaced it and decided to flush the system and replace the thermostat with lots of swearing its done.
since the temp guage goes about a quater of the way the heater blows red hot the pipes are all hot except the one off the thermostat wich is warm.
the fan doesnt want to kick in and the top cover is hot to the touch almost unbareable but it runs fine starts fine

sometimes if the hcv fries itself the heater control panel (under the radio) can fry itself too...
There is a way to check with a multi meter. i did it myself but that was a lot of pints ago and forgot how..
But i had to replace the panel as well as the hcv.......

Mine is a 98 and the fan dosnt kick in till around 105-110c.

do a search here for heater control panel and that should point you in the right direction for checking with a multi meter...

Be sure you burped the cooling system by leaving the cap of the reservoir and let the engine tick over for a while... You may have an air lock... Has happened to me after a coolant change.

iv looked it over it now seems fine but still no fan all pipes hot radiator is hot my thinking is temp guage witch one does the temp guage read from

You could have a duff thermostat or you could have air trapped in the system, or you could have trouble with the pump.

Mine doesn't even get up to the cold mark on the gauge but everything's been changed. I think the sensor is duff as the car is fine.

Back