I LOVE THIS CAR

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyster

Hi all I bought the other half a puma for her birthday and she loves it and must say after driving it home for her I will be selling my car and buying 1 myself, cant believe ive missed so many years of this great little car we LOVE IT!!!!!!

Anyway after thinking we picked up a bargain I soon come to notice why I got a bargain.
When I went to pick the car up the guy told me the anti roll linkage bars needed replacing as there was a knocking noise coming from the front. So I went out bought the parts and fitted them myself which im quite chuffed about lol.

Anyway after all that the noise is still there there is no specific time for the knocking to take place its even there when going straight as well as turning there is also a slight grinding noise when turning while going at slow speeds.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be? My thought would be the steering rack but dont want to jump in feet first and spend money on something unless i need to, im not a mechanic and dont really have the cash to get 1 to do the work so need to do it myself.

If anyone has any ideas about this I would be grateful for any advise.

Thanks to you all for reading

Thanks for the welcome and yes I ashamed that I never tried 1 of these.
Going to look at 1 tonight, not that Ive got the cash right now need to sell the other motor first.

The knocking could be topmounts or anti roll bar bushes, the grinding possibly the bearings at the top of the strut

Take the wheels off and have a good look at the wishbone bushes and ball joints as well

:thumbs:

Welcome along to ProjP. :thumbs:

Noises could be a number of things, literally anything to do with the suspension could give you that noise so the best thing to do is see a mechanic and they will narrow it down. We could list the parts to check and change but it will be cheaper having someone look at it.

Mac

Hi all sorry for the late reply have had no internet for a while, bloody sky grrrrr.
Just want to thank all for the welcome and just to let you all know we now have 2 in the family whoop whoop.

Flying Scotsman said:
Welcome along to ProjP. :thumbs:

Noises could be a number of things, literally anything to do with the suspension could give you that noise so the best thing to do is see a mechanic and they will narrow it down. We could list the parts to check and change but it will be cheaper having someone look at it.

Mac

I have someone take a look at the car, 2 in fact and both said could be just a dry joint cos they cant see anything without taking it apart so thats not a bad sign i suppose.

I just bought 1 cheap last night just needs new front breaks and discs and new bearings so not a lot to do really.

Anyway will have a good look round the forum now i got the net back on and thanks again for the welcomes

Yeah.... Lived there since birth, for about 20 years. Got fed up with there being no prospects/jobs so moved.

topmansparkie said:
Yeah.... Lived there since birth, for about 20 years. Got fed up with there being no prospects/jobs so moved.
Nice well hope that worked out for ya, i moved here for the quiet life

rubinxwolf said:
Hi welcome!

How much did you pay as they are ridiculously priced round my area? X
I paid £450 for the other halfs and £500 for mine, hers is an S plate and mine is a W plate.

As i said mine needs a little work and the arches at the rear are just starting to rot so will be on that soon as i can

Back