Induction Kit - Opinions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e3silversurfer

I am thinking of getting an induction kit. Before commenting, I would like to add that I am getting it solely for the induction roar. I have a cold air feed available routed from the lower front bumper grill.

the 3 brands I am looking at currently are:

K&N, Powertec and Pipercross.

have anyone used all 3 and what are the thoughts about each one of them. I used K&N and it sounds alright i guess. I wondering what the other 2 sound like.

I am thinking of going for powertec next.

thoughts and comments?? technical and non technical welcome :)

my mate has a green cotton one in his puma n that sounds ok.. I have heard the pipercross one on a different car and again it sounds ok... the KnN one sounds awesome on a mk2 golf gti...

I think mine is a K&N and it sounds quite nice :D Although I am thinking of putting it back to a standard air box.

I used to have the foam Pipercross on mine

*turn volume up to hear it well*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivPmwb7iq7I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounded fantastic, very loud, deff louder than K&N and Green kits I have heard in person, though heard Powertec are atleast as loud as PiperX. I do miss the sound!

Performance wise probably same as standard panel, though I recently went from the ind kit to K&N PANEL, and felt smoother, though not huge difference. Run a good cold air feed to it (which i didn't!) and itll be fine, better than fine on a cool day, and you could always go back to standard if you're not impressed

you will get a better induction noise just from the frp inlet.....

unless your getting an enclosed carbon fibre cased cone filter you will LOSE bhp due to the high heat soak from the engine. even with a cold air feed. unless its all enclosed its effectively a bodge job.

bet you a shiny pound my 'standard' (ok slightly tweeked!!) airbox makes more power and prob sounds better too but thats all enclosed right down to the cold air feed on the bumper. if its not all enclosed its like trying to catch a river of water in a badly aimed whisky glass! you lose most of the water (air) and therefore power / efficiency

plus once youv added the frp inlet your exhaust will have a louder bark to it anyway so u prob wont hear the engine!

i have a pipercross vyper induction kit on mine, with cold air feed, don't know if it does anything power wise, but it sounds kool :D

jacko said:
bet you a shiny pound my 'standard' (ok slightly tweeked!!) airbox makes more power and prob sounds better too but thats all enclosed right down to the cold air feed on the bumper. if its not all enclosed its like trying to catch a river of water in a badly aimed whisky glass! you lose most of the water (air) and therefore power / efficiency

Make one for us poor 1.7 owners!

the powertec is the loudest induction kit you can buy sounds like the vtec of a honda when its been tuned.put any other filter to shame apart from pipercross i neved messed with that

dradus; im trying! these kids keep getting in the way tho! its as if they want teaching or something!!!!!

first tho iv discovered the ali heat shields on the exh are dead.....carbon fibre?!

Back