induction kit

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was thinking of getting mine chipped, but like you say im not interested in the dreamscience kit, looked at superchips and it was tempting but like bok i want something more tuneable but just dont no where to look

NOS? That's quite configurable from what I understand.

I respect anyone that's willing to give something a go but I will tell you if it looks gash afterward :lol:

if it looks gash i'l be the first to say it aswell lol, im not one for mincing my words on forums, especially when someone posts something and then gets arsey when somebody doesnt like it.

think this thead has been hijacked slighty.....

Hmmmm nah i dont like the idea of NOS its just cheating

benking said:
More air in the engine = more fuel burned, i cant justify something that slightly increases cost but doesnt add anything but noise, its a puma not a
v8

See your point, but the whole enjoyment of driving surely includes the sound. A decent open cone may only change the sound but, for me, that has also improved the 'fun' factor when driving it (not that the car wasnt fun before) Just my opinion.

I had one on my last car so im not totaly against them, i just feel for me i cant justify it. Im more into my music so i never really listen to the engine (system allways up lol ). I just feel its an area that doesnt need a lot of expense for little gain. But if you like them and want them dont let me put you off.

I do have to admit that they do sound great, just not for me :eek:k:

benking said:
I had one on my last car so im not totaly against them, i just feel for me i cant justify it. Im more into my music so i never really listen to the engine (system allways up lol ). I just feel its an area that doesnt need a lot of expense for little gain. But if you like them and want them dont let me put you off.

fair enough :)

Pumaspeed can remap your ECU for around £200 and that will release up to 8hp on a standard 1.7. There is no easy way to get more power from an NA engine. The most cost effective way is probably a 4-2-1 manifold and exhaust, with a sportcat (or decat if you dont care about the environment) but your looking at between £600 and £1000 with fitting charges.

Other than that id say keep it well serviced with good spark plugs, pumped up tyres and dont carry a boot full of crap and youll get more benefit.

DradusContact said:
Pumaspeed can remap your ECU for around £200 and that will release up to 8hp on a standard 1.7.

Remap to an FRP map that is. Get them to change the fuelling to Super unleaded as well to release a couple more horses.

If you haggle saying that Tremona do it for £100 you won't need to pay £200 either.

:eek:k:

Dal said:
If you haggle saying that Tremona do it for £100 you won't need to pay £200 either.

:eek:k:

Ive been thinking of waving £100 cash while im there, but to be honest i cant come up with any more money, im tapped out paying for this as it is. Im getting married in less than 3 months! :shock:

Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

completly of the subject but couldnt let it go !!!

hahahahahahahaha Now i dont have a problem trying to explain in to girls life saver

Any way i'm going for a pannel filter but were's a good cold spot for cold air and no muck ?

benking said:

im not into sound systems...

can you tell hehe :D

27062008288-1.jpg

kevymeister said:
Any way i'm going for a pannel filter but were's a good cold spot for cold air and no muck ?

How about up inside the nearside wheelarch, behind the wheelarch lining. Oh, that's where Ford put it anyway :p

More and more car engines are being killed by water being sucked up by cold air intakes, far too much risk putting it anywhere vulnerable on a road car IMO, too much to risk losing for so little real benefit...

Ive thought about stripping my car for ages, bit scared to as you never know when you need the back seats

Now if had two pumas then definately

Bet you have a noisy drive every day (rattles and road noise), that would do my head in if it is

you do notice the road noise alot more, and there are alot more rattles and little noises that you'd never heard before, a stone flicking up underneath sounds like the engine has fallen out lol

but i like it!!

Has it made much difference in handling and performance?

Wish i didnt have kids otherwise id do it tommorrow, not that a puma is 100% kid friendly anyway

Back