Interior door handle trim... things

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

I can't think what they're called but they're the little cup things on the inside of the door handles that have the screw in them to take the door card off.. make sense? hope so, i need 2 in brilliant condition please, thanks :D

Are you missing a pair or are yours just knackered?

There are leather covers in different colours available to cover them

i think we're on about different parts. i sprayed mine but now i'd rather have them back to the original colour as it'd look better with my interior

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-puma-n-s-internal-door-handle-/261023161647?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc6315d2f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-2002-Ford-Puma-Fiesta-interior-door-handle-insert-surround-passengers-/290684524566?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43ae25d816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did you heat the wrap? I just did some bits which were more difficult than a simple bowl shape and I heated the wrap with a hot water bottle and it worked a treat, still tricky but it worked.

Oh shizzle I can feel another wrapping session coming on doing mine as I have some wrap left :roll:

I found I had to heat it a bit then stretch and shape it then heat a bit more and stretch and shape it again etc etc
figured I can't burn or damage the wrap with a hot water bottle.

And its more manly than a hair dryer :p just

the only manly way i can think of is to use exhaust gases :p most other things that heat up are err.. not ;) iron, oven, hairdryer etc. gonna get hated on by every woman for that

What about one of those thermal lances thats proper manly.
Of course it will vapourise your wrap
and your door cup
and the car drive and house
But hey
very manly

Ive had me hands on what I believe was affectionatley called a kettle containing fuel rods and they arent that hard even with all their mates lol.

Unlike getting radioactive bilge water on my foot and being scrubbed down in a shower by three geezers with hoses and brushes and fullers earth, now that was scary :shock:

quest63 said:
getting radioactive bilge water on my foot and being scrubbed down in a shower by three geezers
I think you're getting your anecdotes mixed up, Big Quest - the radioactive bilge water incident was several years ago, being scrubbed down in a shower by three geezers is a normal weekend for you isn't it? :-D

Hi DarthRob, ( should have known a shower scene would divert you from your post ofiice duties :p

Radiation was several decades ago and men and showers definately sometime never

I made a dome shaped ash tray complete with smiley face detail using a shaped charge of plastic explosive, and i dont even smoke! is that manly enough?!!! might be a bit much for vinyl carbon wrap mind!!?!!

i so should have got a pic of that ashtray...this was before picture phones tho :-(

best bit was; we were supposed to be the 'control' experiment...lecturer was piiiisssssed at us :)

Back