Intermittant Wipers.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nippydee

Always fun to find a new feature on your car :)

Driving back from Southport yesterday in the drizzle/rain I switched on my windscreen wipers to 'intermittant'.
Bored in traffic - I counted the seconds between swipes - 8.

However they are variale speed as well, not by twisting the stalk, you click it down to switch on then click it up and down till you get the required seconds between swipes. I got 4, 5, 7 and 8.

Checking the manual it is in there, but why they didnt put a twisty stalk on I don't know! :roll:

On feature I do miss is the cursory swipe after the washers, to catch odd drips... :)

It is one of the best ways that setting the intermittent has ever been accomplished.

Effectively you wipe once then 'pause' until enough water has gathered on the screen to make wiping necessary. By then switching the wipers back on you have set exactly the time needed for the volume of rain at that point.

Simplicity, brilliant simplicity. Why it isn't universal I have no idea.

It's a much better system that the "mind of their own" auto wipers on my Mondeo.

I agree, I was quite happy testing how many seconds I could achieve :)

The rain was crazy yesterday, and this feature really helped. I suggest anyone not in the know of this try it - but keep a eye on the road too :)

I've just discovered my car has a steering wheel which i found very usefull for going round corners and the like :lol:

Yea it is a very usefull feature indeed. Wish all cars have it, rather than rain sensing wipers which seem to turn on, only when its stopped raining :lol:

Do all puma's have this? Will need to check mine now, assumed it wasn't variable as previous fords with this had the wee switch thing to set.

No, only the ones with the digital dash and onwards kinds age.

Not all Pumas, it depends on the age. The oldest Pumas (R & S reg) didn't have the programmable intermittant, some T reg will, and from about V reg onwards, they definitely will. If you've got one, have a look in your handbook, as that should tell you.

:crazy: Dal!

i only knew about it cos, the day i got fliss (in north west norfolk)i had to drive to my mum's in lowestoft (cos she has a fiesta) so she could show me how to get the bloody radio off the hideous (and very loud) channel it was stuck on! she showed me how this works as well- most handy : )

t xx

Dammit got my hopes up on being able to change my wiper speed then untill i got half way downt he page and seen that my car is too old :'(

I always find sweeps to little or too much so that would of been perfect for me!

Back