ITBs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raggamuffin

So i'm losing my job. But being here 9.5 years i'm getting a very hefty redundancy so i'm setting aside a portion for my puma.

With TIBs I know people on here quoted me 3k in the past. Now the ITBs themselves from LMS are £525. Injectors and possible an uprated fuel pump and any additional accessories should set me back £3-400?

Is the ECU really going to compromise the most cost? I saw a post in the past for an aftermarket ECU with custom loom and tuning by LMS and it was 2k or more from what I recall.

Can you remap the standard ECU? I'm positive it wouldn't be as effective but looking on PumaSpeed they said their remaps which cost around 300 are good for engines with manifolds, exhausts and cam replacements. I guess they map it similar to the FRP? With that in mind with ITBs being another NA modification is there no possibility to get a somewhat reliable tune from the standard ECU as this isn't a forced induction mod?

Ed

I'm no expert on this but I would imagine without using a custom ECU the biggest problem you would have would be with the TPS.
Barry

Spoke to Pumaspeed they said they'd not be able to do it on the standard ECU and ITBs aren't anything they've ever ventured into. Emailing Emerald as they offer ITBs and fitting, mpaping etc.

Ollie at OCmotorsport charges 3500 for the 1.6 Fiesta ITBs and ECU and a low mileage engine all fully fitted so I imagine it'd be a similar price for the 1.7 puma.

Certainly not a cheap project lol

Ed

Emerald are great and really helpfull. I have an old K3 that I bought off Ebay and they checked it out and loaded a 2ltr blacktop map on it for free, plus you can have 3 alternative maps on the ECU. It's a big wiring job though I would think and I don't mean on the new ECU loom especially if you want to keep the standard ECU with it's PATS system.
Barry

lightning motorsport said:
ecu and loom. jenvey throttle bodies kit and mapping £2500 all in. can go for bike bodies but harder to set up and fit. would be around £2100 for bike throttle bodies.

What sort of BHP & Ftlb could be expected from a set up like this ?

£1200 for a emerald k6 ecu and plug in and play loom to suit 1.7 puma 1.6 zetec s for throttle bodies or turbo applications

Well look who it is, welcome along LMS!

£1200 doesn't include having it all mapped in though right..?

trueblue said:
ecu and loom. jenvey throttle bodies kit and mapping £2500 all in. can go for bike bodies but harder to set up and fit. would be around £2100 for bike throttle bodies.

What sort of BHP & Ftlb could be expected from a set up like this ?

depending on cam profile on a standard engine would make around 145 t0 150bhp on around 130lbfp

on a modified-built engine with cams and head work we've had 170 to 180bhp out off this set up and 145 150lbfp

Flying Scotsman said:
£1200 for a emerald k6 ecu and plug in and play loom to suit 1.7 puma 1.6 zetec s for throttle bodies or turbo applications

Well look who it is, welcome along LMS!

£1200 doesn't include having it all mapped in though right..?

cheers Mac

No just a ecu and loom coms lead and program kit and base map to suit mods ie turbo throttle bodies and so on. We charge around 350.00 for mapping depending on number off maps and time spent but don't have use us can go to anyone who is familiar with emerald ecu and mapping.

Hi , very interested in a plug and play ecu set up for mine to run with the gsxr bodies I've mounted on a 1.7 manifold flange, been following the Facebook page since the YouTube vid of chris installing it to a racing puma.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeSYade9u9I[/youtube]

Those considering management for very tuned Pumas, in my opinion, the K6, the custom loom made by LMS is the best route to go. This is the exact route that I am going and I've looked at quite a number of options over the last year.

d170sam said:
Hello Chris (Lightning motorsports) welcome along to project puma!

cheers Sam hows your projected coming along?

Hey Chris, puma project has slowed to a crawl at mo (I'm getting married this year) but soon il be back on track, ordering parts and getting this dam turbo project done!

d170sam said:
d170sam said:
Hello Chris (Lightning motorsports) welcome along to project puma!

cheers Sam hows your projected coming along?

Hey Chris, puma project has slowed to a crawl at mo (I'm getting married this year) but soon il be back on track, ordering parts and getting this dam turbo project done!

congratulations on that first. yea sure just give me a shout as and when you need some bits.

Latest posts

Back